DECEMBER 2020 EARLY TIMESHEET SUBMISSION
IMPACTED: Biweekly Paid Employees
Bi-weekly timesheets for the pay period that ends Saturday, Dec. 26 pay period are due by noon PST Saturday, Dec. 19.
If you do not create and submit a timesheet by the deadline, the UCPath payroll system will not generate a paycheck in time for the Jan. 6, 2020 pay date. Please project your work hours through the pay period ending Dec. 26 (including applicable leave during the curtailment period). Any necessary adjustments will be processed in the following pay cycle.
Note to supervisors of biweekly paid employees: Timesheets must be approved by 10 a.m. PST Monday, Dec. 21.
If an employee is unable to submit a timesheet, supervisors are responsible for creating a timesheet on the employee’s behalf. Download the instructions here.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please email TRS-Support@ucmerced.edu for assistance.
The Time Reporting System (TRS) is a web-based tool designed to collect employee work hours, acquire supervisors' approval, and provide a platform for work time to be loaded into the UCPath system.
TRS uses the UC time and attendance business rules to capture all hour types, including work hours, vacation, sick, comp time used, leave without pay (LWOP), voting, and jury duty. TRS also computes overtime, shift differential and holiday pay.
Upon successful provisioning of an employee's TRS record, users will access the TRS system. They will use their UCM credentials to access the site.
Instructions for navigating the system, including how to report time as an employee and how to approve time as a supervisor, is located here.
A primary and secondary approver are required for each TRS record. You may select an optional third approver, but it is not necessary.
- Use this form to request the change of an individual employee's Primary, Secondary or Optional Back Up Approver. You may additional use this form to submit a change in the "Direct Report" of an employee. Please note: Change of the "Direct Report" data for STAFF employees will be forwarded to Human Resources for update in Saba (formerly Halogen).
Approvers must have active records. Without an active approver, both the employee and approver will be restricted from accessing timesheets.
- Use this form to request the temporary or permanent reassignment of a primary, secondary or optional back-up approver for a group of individuals. "Direct Report" updates can only be facilitated via the Individual TRS Approver/Direct Report Update form.
Note: It is the department's responsibility to submit a request to update an employee's TRS approver information if the re-assignment was temporary due to a leave of absence.
Bi-weekly paid employees will submit their timesheets by the end of their scheduled workday, every other Friday (Saturday if scheduled to work).
- Supervisors must approve by 10 a.m. the following Monday
Monthly paid employees will submit their timesheets by the 5th of the month.
- Supervisors must approve by the 10th of the month
The pay period and deadlines calendar for timesheet submission can be found here.
TRS Key Features
- Employees can create, edit and save work hours on web-based timesheet
- Employees submit the timesheet to their supervisor electronically
- Supervisors can review and approve timesheets electronically
- Payroll Services can upload time electronically to UCPath
- Includes a trackable workflow from timesheet initiation to UCPath update
- Allows for multiple appointments
- Allows department personnel to assign a job identifier (nickname) to each job title
- Automated email reminders to supervisors when timesheet approvals are due
- Email reminders to supervisors and payroll processors of late timesheet submissions
- Reduction in time processing errors
- Improve time and attendance compliance with regulatory policy
- Eliminates paper timesheets. Can never be lost or destroyed
- Easier for the employee to record work and non-productive time
- Easier for the supervisor to review and approve timesheets
- Streamlines the time data process
- Users can use any internet-accessible device to log in (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Users can access TRS 24 hours a day, 7 days a week