COVID-19 Student Employment Updates HERE
Welcome to UC Merced's Student Employment Services
As UC Merced's Student Employment Services, we are proud to serve our undergraduate students seeking to work at UC Merced to support educational expenses and/or to gain work experience to assist them with becoming capable, ethical and effective leaders of tomorrow.
Our mission is to provide standardized practices and procedures for hiring managers and undergraduate employees to facilitate a more informed recruitment and onboarding process. We strive to provide meaningful experiences to our campus stakeholders via supportive consultation, learning opportunities, and active engagement.
Student Employee Casual-Restricted Status
The terms and conditions of student assistant positions are governed by Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and student employees are designated as Professional and Support Staff (PSS) with Casual/Restricted status.
• Student assistants normally work less than fifty percent, except for semester breaks or during the summer, during which time the student may work up to full-time.
• Student assistant positions are reserved for registered undergraduate and graduate students of the University of California, Merced.
• The appointment is temporary.
• Working hours are irregular.
• Work is secondary to the student's academic and student life.
• Work schedules are flexible enough to support the academic program of the student.
• As distinguished from regular staff positions, student assistant positions have less-complex responsibilities, require fewer skills, less knowledge, experience and training; continuing responsibility and/or on-going accountability for the work performed. Incumbents work less independently and exercise judgment less often and must be directly supervised.
|Student Employment Director||Michelle Snyder||209-259-8871|
|Student Employment Coordinator||Destinee Baker||209-631-8012|
|Student Employment Coordinator||Sharlin Owdisho||209-631-8012|
Please submit all job posting requests and general inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org