The new Job Description Form (pdf) and Job Posting Request (webform) are now available. Effective 10/01/2020, we will no longer accept the legacy Job Posting/Job Description combined form via email. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Request to Post A Position
- Download and complete the Student Employment Job Description
- Use the Student Assistant Classification Guide to aid you in determining the proper Student Assistant Classification.
- Use the Student Assistant Pay Rate Schedule to determine the appropriate salary for the classification selected.
- Obtain the necessary funding approval(s) from your assigned/authorized department representative based on your department's business process.
- Complete the Job Posting Request webform and attach the completed job description (JD)
Student Employment Services will process the Job Posting Request and respond with a Position Control Number (PCN) for your reference when accessing the CatPAWS website.
Review & Interview Applicants
Review your applicants by visiting the CatPAWS hiring manager log in page. Use your UC Merced username and password to log in. Note: You must be signed into the UC Merced VPN to access the hiring manger portal.
Contact the applicants you wish to interview by clicking their email addresses as listed on their applications.
Establish Your New Employee's Record
**This process has been impacted by COVID-19. Please click here for updated hiring instructions**
Meet with the new student employee prior to his or her first day of work. During the meeting, both you and the new student employee are required to sign the Job Posting-Description form.
Instruct the student contact Student Employment Services for an appointment. Students must bring their signed Job Posting-Description form and original (unexpired) documents to complete the I-9 Form and fill out hiring paperwork.
Upon completion of all the necessary documents, the hiring manager will receive an e-mail stating that the student employee is able to begin work. Please do not allow your student employee to begin performing services until you have received this email.