Request to Post A Position
- Download and complete the Student Job Posting Description Form
- Use the Student Assistant Classification Guide to aid you in determining the proper Student Assistant Classification.
- Use the Student Assistant Pay Rate Schedule to determine the appropriate salary for the classification selected.
- Obtain the necessary funding approval(s) from your assigned/authorized department representative (can be via electronic)
- Email the fully completed (and signed) form to the Student Employment Services Office for online posting to CatPAWS
Review & Interview Applicants
Review your applicants by visiting the PAWS System. Use your UC Merced username and password to log in.
Contact the applicants you wish to interview by clicking their email addresses as listed on their applications.
Establish Your New Employee's Record
**This process has been impacted by COVID-19. Please click here for updated hiring instructions**
Meet with the new student employee prior to his or her first day of work. During the meeting, both you and the new student employee are required to sign the Job Posting-Description form.
Instruct the student contact Student Employment Services for an appointment. Students must bring their signed Job Posting-Description form and original (unexpired) documents to complete the I-9 Form and fill out hiring paperwork.
Upon completion of all the necessary documents, the hiring manager will receive an e-mail stating that the student employee is able to begin work. Please do not allow your student employee to begin performing services until you have received this email.