Student Job Exchange (Redeployment) Program
The purpose of this program is to identify currently underutilized student staff who might be able to provide help in other areas of campus and match them with departments that have special assignments/tasks and/or projects. To be elgible for redeployment, the student must be in an active appointment. If the student staff's job has expired (auto-terminated), the department has taken action to separate, or the indiviual has resigned, the student is no longer eligible to partipcate in the redployment program.
The goal is to maintain underutilized student employees’ whole by offering available work without the need to adjust compensation. Employees will be matched based on their transferrable knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs).
As we receive requests, we will match employees with departments. If there are no qualified candidates with the requested skills identifed in the pool, the requesting department will be notified.
**Please note** Students in represented academic titles (Remedial Tutor/Reader) are not eligible to participate in the Student Job Exchange Program. For more information, please contact Academic Personnel.
If you have any questions about the program or use of this form please contact Student Employment Services
To submit your request, please complete the following form(s):
Department with Student Staff Available for Redeployment Form: to be completed by supervisor for each student staff available for redeployment.
Department Request for Support Student Staff Intake Form: to be completed by supervisor requesting additional student staffing support.
Program Expectations and Guidelines:
- Student Employment Services will coordinate the match between available work and employee(s).
- The requesting department is responsible for any training and/or systems access, if required.
- For ease of the program:
- Employee’s payroll (including funding) will remain with their home department.
- Time sheet approval will remain with home department. However, coordination between home department and requesting department will need to coordinate.
- Assuming the employee has required equipment to perform the assigned work, the employee will use existing University equipment. Otherwise, requesting department is responsible for securing equipment.
- The home department and requesting department supervisors are responsible for coordinating the following:
- Verifying hours worked.
- Approval of overtime hours, if any.
- Approving time off, i.e., sick or admin leave. Recommend employee communicate with both supervisors.
- Schedule a joint ‘meet and greet’ with employee to offer opportunity for questions.
- Requesting supervisor is responsible for scheduling check-ins, as needed, with employee. Establish channels of communication.
- Opportunity for Recognition:
- At the conclusion of the assignment, it is recommended that the requesting supervisor provide feedback/acknowledgement to the employee and their supervisor.