Economic Impact Payments (“Stimulus”): What you need to know
Updated: As of 4/14/2020
As the situation remains very fluid, please check back here regularly for updates.
The U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced that distribution of Economic Impact Payments (“stimulus payments”) will begin this week and will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people. More information on these payments, as well as other relief pertaining to COVID-19, will be posted to the IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments website as it becomes available. In the interim, we would like to provide the UC Merced community some additional clarification on some frequently asked questions.
Internal Revenue Service
- Economic Impact Payment Information Center
- Economic Impact Payments – e-Poster
- Whom May I Claim as a Dependent?
- Publication 501, Dependents, Standard Deduction and Filing Information
- IRS Worksheet to determine whether a child has been provided more than half of his or her own support.