UC Merced’s Campus Travel & Expense Management team is rethinking how faculty, staff and students will manage expense reimbursement. The new system will allow users to capture any receipt, including both travel and non-travel expense, through a convenient mobile app. Some expenses can be automatically digitized, eliminating the need for paper receipts.
The new expense reimbursement system, SAP Concur, will replace UC Merced’s current UCLA-owned Express system which will soon be eliminated.
Concur provides a user-friendly interface that will enhance the reimbursement experience for all users. At the same time, Concur will give the Campus Travel Management team better controls for managing the Travel & Expense Reimbursement program for UC Merced.
What do I need to do to prepare for the launch?
- Users - Submit any outstanding travel or entertainment reimbursement requests into Express, data will not be converted, all reimbursements must be processed in Express prior to November 30, 2020. Or hold until Concur is live.
- Approvers – Review your approval queue and ensure all items are processed by December 4, 2020.
- T&E Card holders – Submit reimbursements through November 25, 2020. Once Concur is live, submit request for transactions Nov 26 – Dec 25, 2020.
- PCard holders – Submit reimbursements through November 15, 2020. Once Concur is live, submit request for transactions Nov 15 – Dec 15, 2020.
- Personal Information – Your payroll information will automatically be available in the new system, however, make note of any personal information keyed into Connexus such as frequent flyer number, rental rewards to be re-keyed into Concur Request after go-live, January 1, 2021.
Melissa Tessier – Project Manager
Tracy England – Functional Lead
Raj Paneer – Technical Lead