Skip to content Skip to navigation
Division of Finance and Administration

Withdrawal from UC Merced

When leaving UC Merced on or after the first day of instruction, you must complete a University Cancellation/Withdrawal form and return the form with all required signatures to the Students First Center. It is very important that you contact the Office of the Registrar and initiate withdrawal even if your fees are fully paid by financial aid or other programs.  Please see information related to leaving the University on the Office of the Registrar website.

If you leave UC Merced, it is very important that you understand the implications of your decision. 

  • You may still be responsible for all or part of your registration fees and housing charges
  • You may incur other charges on your student account after you have left the university
  • If you received a refund of your financial aid, you may also be responsible for repayment of that aid
  • We urge you to speak with the financial aid office to determine if your financial aid will be adjusted after you leave

The Fees section of the Office of the Registrar website includes a Schedule of Refunds table that explains the policy regarding fee reversals when a student withdraws from the University. 

If you have an outstanding student account balance after withdrawing from UC Merced, collection efforts will commence.